Wiki tools in the classroom: Digital Skills and Critical Thinking (one week course in Corfu)
Dates: 17.07.2023 > 22.07.2023 | Summer 2024
COVID-19 Update: We can now offer our programmes online through our customised e-learning platform! If you represent a school, youth group, organisation or company, do contact us for a quote!
In this course, students will learn how to use Wiki tools in their lessons. Wiki software is designed to help teachers create collaborative tasks and projects in an organized way. Wiki tools can help to improve skills such as creativity, writing, teamwork, creating, thus, a challenging educational environment. Participants will be able to create their own content, familiarise themselves with the use of open educational resources to create a sample school project, and learn how to implement wiki tools in their classrooms.
01 – Theory behind wikis – The need and the outcomes
02 – Collaboration in wikis
03 – Good Educational Practices with wikis
04 – Critical and Creative Thinking Through wikis
05 – Wiki platforms
06 – Non-textual wikis
07 – Examples of wiki projects
08 – Wikipedia and its sister projects
09 – Sample Lessons and Projects, Presentations and Assessment
Participants will be able:
– to learn how to motivate their students and change their ‘traditional’ teaching approaches, to new and modern approaches that guarantee high-quality results
– to create their own materials using wiki tools and other software applications to enhance their educational development
– to gain confidence in the use of Web 2.0 applications as well as online cooperative tools
– to develop skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, use of new technologies in education, creative and innovative thinking in education etc.
– to join a broader international team that will support their future needs in professional development
– to contribute to global knowledge by becoming wiki editors
– to organise ingenious school projects
Corfu is a beautiful green island, which enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate. Corfu is a very popular tourist destination. Up until the early 20th century, it was mainly visited by the European royals and elites. It is still popular with the global elite. The island’s history is laden with battles and conquests. Corfu was long controlled by Venice and repulsed several Turkish sieges, before falling under British rule following the Napoleonic Wars. Corfu was eventually ceded by the British Empire along with the remaining islands of the United States of the Ionian Islands, and unification with modern Greece was concluded in 1864 under the Treaty of London. Corfu is renowned for its long tradition and rich culture which is unlike any other Greek island. In 2007, the city’s old city was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here you will also discover a compact world of beautiful beaches and stunning mountain peaks, ancient ruins and picturesque villages. There is something for everyone on the island, whether you prefer peace and quiet or a lively cosmopolitan destination.
Pre-book this course! We will get back to you as soon as possible with further details. Reserve your place now!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes