Gamification and Game-Based Learning (one week course in Corfu)
Dates: 26.08.2019 > 30.08.2019 | Summer 2020
In this course students will learn how to use Game-Based Learning (GBL) in their lessons. Game-Based Learning provides new and innovative ways to improve the quality of their teaching. Various software programs use GBL techniques to improve skills such as multitasking, critical thinking, risk taking and other 21st century skills. Participants will finally be able to create an escape room adjusted to their learning context, use open educational resources to create a sample lesson and learn how to implement GBL strategies in their classrooms.
– Theory behind Game-Based Learning and Gamification – The need and the outcomes
– Educational Practices Across Europe
– Critical and Creative Thinking Through Games
– Software Programs for the Implementation of GBL Strategies in the Classroom
– Mobile Devices and GBL
– QR codes in the Classroom
– Videogames in Education
– Escape rooms and GBL Techniques
– Outdoor GBL
– Sample Lessons and Projects, Presentations and Assessment
Participants will be able
- to create their own materials using web2 and other software applications to enhance their educational development in the field of GBL.
- to learn how to motivate their students and change their ‘traditional’ teaching approaches, to new and modern approaches that guarantee high quality results.
- to gain confidence in the use of technology (computers, tablets, online applications and web2 applications as well as online cooperative tools).
- to develop skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, use of new technologies in education, creative and innovative thinking in education etc.
- to develop their English language skills through interaction with a multinational group of educators
- to join a broader international team that will support their future needs in professional development.
Participants will need to bring their laptop and their smartphone so that relevant software is installed/used during the course.
Corfu is a beautiful green island, which enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate. Corfu is a very popular tourist destination. Up until the early 20th century, it was mainly visited by the European royals and elites. It is still popular with the global elite. The island’s history is laden with battles and conquests. Corfu was long controlled by Venice and repulsed several Turkish sieges, before falling under British rule following the Napoleonic Wars. Corfu was eventually ceded by the British Empire along with the remaining islands of the United States of the Ionian Islands, and unification with modern Greece was concluded in 1864 under the Treaty of London. Corfu is renowned for its long tradition and rich culture which is unlike any other Greek island. In 2007, the city’s old city was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here you will also discover a compact world of beautiful beaches and stunning mountain peaks, ancient ruins and picturesque villages. There is something for everyone on the island, whether you prefer peace and quiet or a lively cosmopolitan destination.
Pre-book this course! We will get back to you as soon as possible with further details. Reserve your place now!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Certificate Yes