Web 2.0 and Digital tools for online learning and more (one week course in Corfu)
Dates: 15.05.2023 > 20.05.2023 | Upon Request | Summer 2023 | Summer 2024
COVID-19 Update: We can now offer our programmes online through our customised e-learning platform! If you represent a school, youth group, organisation or company, do contact us for a quote!
In this course students will learn how to use a range of Web 2.0 Tools in their lessons. Technology provides new and innovative ways to improve the quality of teaching. Various software programs, for example, improve skills such as multitasking, critical thinking, risk taking and other 21st century skills. The goal, therefore, of this training programme is that given a standards-based instructional goal, the teachers will select the appropriate Web 2.0 tool(s) to integrate into the curriculum producing activities that promote 21st Century Skills..
Topics that will be discussed include:
01 – Theory behind Technology enhanced tuition – The need and the outcomes
02 – Educational Practices Across Europe
03 – Critical and Creative Thinking Through Technology Use
04 – Software Programs for the Implementation of Game-Based Learning Strategies in the Classroom
05 – Mobile Devices and the Internet
06 – QR codes in the Classroom
07 – Avatars in the Classroom (Voki etc)
08 – Creating Effective Presentations through Web 2.0 Tools (Prezi etc)
09 – Creating Quizzes through Web 2.0 Tools (Kahoot etc)
10 – Sample Lessons and Projects, Presentations and Assessment
Participants will be able
- to create their own lesson plans using web 2.0 tools and other software applications to enhance their educational development in the field of technology.
- to learn how to motivate their students and change their ‘traditional’ teaching approaches, to new and modern approaches that guarantee high quality results.
- to gain confidence in the use of technology (computers, tablets, online applications and web 2.0 applications as well as online cooperative tools).
- to develop skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, use of new technologies in education, creative and innovative thinking in education etc.
- to develop their English language skills through interaction with a multinational group of educators
- to join a broader international team that will support their future needs in professional development.
Participants will need to bring their laptop so that relevant software is installed/used during the course.
Corfu is a beautiful green island, which enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate. Corfu is a very popular tourist destination. Up until the early 20th century, it was mainly visited by the European royals and elites. It is still popular with the global elite. The island’s history is laden with battles and conquests. Corfu was long controlled by Venice and repulsed several Turkish sieges, before falling under British rule following the Napoleonic Wars. Corfu was eventually ceded by the British Empire along with the remaining islands of the United States of the Ionian Islands, and unification with modern Greece was concluded in 1864 under the Treaty of London. Corfu is renowned for its long tradition and rich culture which is unlike any other Greek island. In 2007, the city’s old city was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here you will also discover a compact world of beautiful beaches and stunning mountain peaks, ancient ruins and picturesque villages. There is something for everyone on the island, whether you prefer peace and quiet or a lively cosmopolitan destination.
Pre-book this course! We will get back to you as soon as possible with further details. Reserve your place now!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes