Filmmaking, Creativity and Storytelling in the classroom (2 week course in Corfu)
Dates: 17.08.2020 > 28.08.2020 | 31.08.2020 > 11.09.2020 | Summer 2021
An intensive course for teachers, youth leaders and educators in all disciplines.
This two-week course will focus on the techniques and theory through practice in the way we are using our creative thought to produce interesting stories and films. During the course of this seminar the participants will learn how to create interesting stories using Aristotle’s model of tragedy and how to create a script. In the second part of the workshop the participants will begin to create their own projects (fiction, documentary or experimental) and will learn the way to use their mobile phones in order to create high quality footage. In the last part of the workshop the participants will edit their films and present their work.
The aim of this hands-on course is for the participants to learn how to create interesting and technically sufficient films with their mobile phones. Also, the participants will learn how to use this knowledge in order to use it as a tool in their teaching activities or in their professional workspace. Skills like scriptwriting, filming and editing are tools that are extremely useful today regardless the discipline of your profession.
MODULES AND COURSE SCHEDULE
Each teaching day lasts consists of a theoretical talk and a practical workshop. Workshops are designed to put into practice the elements discussed and taught in the theoretical part. The precise length of each section will vary by topic. Notes and handouts will be given each day, and participants will have the opportunity to develop their own materials within the workshop section of the course.
– Module 1: Introductions and an in-class seminar on Story and Creativity, followed by practical exercises exploring Creativity and Story.
– Module 2: Participants will learn the way to create interesting scripts using Aristotle’s model and the theories of Campbell and Vogler.
– Module 3: Participants learn about Greek cinematography.
– Module 4: Participants will learn how to create a professional script using the correct format. Then they start the development of their stories in response to the previous workshops.
– Module 5: Participants will learn about camera-stylo movement and on the use of mobile phones to professional filmmaking. Reviews and feedback on participants’ stories.
– Module 6: Technical training on mobile shooting. Review on chosen locations.
– Module 7: Participants shoot their short films on location.
– Module 8: Filming on location Q&A session.
– Session 9: Participants edit their films. Films are shown and discussed.
– Session 10: Classroom application. Lesson planning.
Attendees will receive handouts and self-evaluation forms as well as feedback forms on the course itself. Social networking will be set up to maintain contact after the end of the course and continue any discussions begun during the course, as well as to exchange feedback on how the skills taught in the course are being implemented.
Additional modules are available for subject- and issue- specific topics, and these can be delivered at a later date or via webinar.
Corfu is a beautiful green island, which enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate. Corfu is a very popular tourist destination. Up until the early 20th century, it was mainly visited by the European royals and elites. It is still popular with the global elite. The island’s history is laden with battles and conquests. Corfu was long controlled by Venice and repulsed several Turkish sieges, before falling under British rule following the Napoleonic Wars. Corfu was eventually ceded by the British Empire along with the remaining islands of the United States of the Ionian Islands, and unification with modern Greece was concluded in 1864 under the Treaty of London. Corfu is renowned for its long tradition and rich culture which is unlike any other Greek island. In 2007, the city’s old city was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here you will also discover a compact world of beautiful beaches and stunning mountain peaks, ancient ruins and picturesque villages. There is something for everyone on the island, whether you prefer peace and quiet or a lively cosmopolitan destination.
Pre-book this course! We will get back to you as soon as possible with further details. Reserve your place now!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes