English language teaching and learning in primary and secondary education (one week course in Corfu)
Dates: 27.07.2020 > 31.07.2020 | 10.08.2020 > 14.08.2020 | Summer 2021
A course for educational and vocational training inspectors, head teachers, teacher trainers, English language teachers of all backgrounds, pedagogical or guidance advisors.
This course provides a great opportunity for English language teachers working in different levels and settings to deepen their knowledge, improve their skills and reflect on particular areas of teaching such as
– class management,
– ICT in education,
– assessment techniques
– differentiated learning
A comparison of different practices in different European countries will be made and participants will engage actively to share (and hopefully adopt) innovations, creative ideas and experiences.
Attendees will discuss:
– different frameworks applied in teaching English as a foreign language;
– procedures and approaches in methodology, assessment and choice of materials
– objectives of testing, assessment techniques and frequency of test administration (portfolio assessment, self-assessment, summative assessment, certification)
– the role of teachers in supporting learners through differentiated learning
– ICT tools in teaching English;
– have seminar sessions and group discussions
– join colleagues in the exchange of ideas on topics of interest
– create lesson plans and do project work
– have the opportunity to present their own teaching reality
– evaluate different frameworks of teaching
Attendees will receive handouts and self-evaluation forms as well as feedback forms on the course itself. Social networking will be set up to maintain contact after the end of the course and continue any discussions begun during the course, as well as to exchange feedback on how the skills taught in the course are being implemented.
Corfu is a beautiful green island, which enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate. Corfu is a very popular tourist destination. Up until the early 20th century, it was mainly visited by the European royals and elites. It is still popular with the global elite. The island’s history is laden with battles and conquests. Corfu was long controlled by Venice and repulsed several Turkish sieges, before falling under British rule following the Napoleonic Wars. Corfu was eventually ceded by the British Empire along with the remaining islands of the United States of the Ionian Islands, and unification with modern Greece was concluded in 1864 under the Treaty of London. Corfu is renowned for its long tradition and rich culture which is unlike any other Greek island. In 2007, the city’s old city was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here you will also discover a compact world of beautiful beaches and stunning mountain peaks, ancient ruins and picturesque villages. There is something for everyone on the island, whether you prefer peace and quiet or a lively cosmopolitan destination.
Pre-book this course! We will get back to you as soon as possible with further details. Reserve your place now!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Certificate Yes